The past month has been a very hard month for me. My grandmother had passed away.
After a year of fighting shes finally freed from her breathing machine, which she hated. She is definitely the source of my goofiness and also my cooking and baking skills. Many of the recipe that I have previously posted about have either been taste tested by her, were a twist on her recipes, or something she requested to have.
My family has begun to arduous task of cleaning out the house that we all grew up in. Its been difficult to find some time since then for me to wind down. I decided to just stay in on my day off from work and play around with my sewing machine.
My fiance and step son are big fans of power rangers. While we were at the local craft store, they found this power rangers fabric in the remnants bin and just had to get it. So I decided to sew a pillow case for them to fight over.
I began by pinning up and sewing the top opening edges of the pillow case. This was actually the most difficult part because this was my first sewing project on this machine. After much trial and error and cussing out the not-so-helpful owners manual I was able to figure out my thread tension issues and finally get some real sewing done. My lines aren’t the straightest yet but a little more practice and adjusting machine should help with that.
All I had left to do was sew up the remaining sides and flip the pillow case right side out and put the pillow inside the case.
For my first sewing project on the new machine I say it went fairly well. Now to decide what my next sewing project will be. Project suggestions are always welcome! You can leave me a comment below or email me with your suggestions.